Wednesday, September 12, 2012

[Book Review] Cat Calls Cynthia Leitich Smith (free Kindle book)





If you’re looking for a free, quick read that will entertain you for a half hour (depending on how fast you read), this is one to read. I myself was looking for a read that wouldn’t take a lot of time and was another book I could add to my list (50 books in one year). With school, I don’t have as much time to read as I did before, but I always want to use my mind in that area. So, it really worked out for me.

Though I cannot go into detail about characters, plot, romance, and the normal stuff I would mention because this story runs very briefly, I can say that I did enjoy what the story had to bring. Over the last couple of weeks (ok, maybe months), I’ve learned I love short stories for the very reason that they have everything a big, lengthy novel has, but in a minimal size.

One of the things I liked about this story was that it felt like the main character’s (Tiffany) journey was just beginning. Which could mean that this could be a prequel of some sort. I’m not exactly sure if that’s what the author has in mind or if these books have already been published. However, while I like that the ending opens up opportunity for future stories for Tiffany, it also stands as a standalone beautifully. In this story there’s a beginning, middle, and end. There are several unanswered questions left, but that’s where the reader’s imagination comes in.

So, if you have a Kindle (or like myself, a Kindle app), my advice is go download this short story. You won’t regret it. It’s free, what else could you possibly want?  

Last minute blogger’s note: I just looked at the story description and I guess there are more books to this series. Not quite sure, but I guess I’ll do some research.

4 out of 5 stars for Cat Calls by Cynthia Leitich Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment