Thursday, December 1, 2011

[Book Review] Vanish by Sophie Jordan (re-post)

Sophie Jodan has done it again!

Vanish is one of my favorite books of the year. It has love triangles, it has action, it has friendship, it has everything imaginable.

I absolutely loved it’s prequel Firelight. A story about dragons that can manifest into human form. Well, let’s just say the idea hooked me in right away. So much that I convinced my sister and two of my friends to read it too.

Vanish does not disappoint. Sophie Jordan does a really great job of keeping her characters true to themselves, but yet allows them to grow all in the same way. Take Jacinda for example, (don’t worry no real spoilers) between the first page of Firelight and the last page of Vanish, she has A LOT of stuff happen to her. She falls in love, she learns that… (oh right so no spoilers) I guess you’re going to have to fill in the blanks for yourself! Muahahaha.

Seriously this a book no one wants to miss.

My top three reasons for recommending this book:
1) Will/Jacinda/Cassian - In Firelight, I was all Team Will. I wanted Jacinda to find her true love in Will despite how “sweet” Cassian turned out to be. However, while reading Vanish, I was still Team Will, but Cassian started winning me over. I was trying my best not to become Team Cassian, but I just couldn’t help it.
2) Jacinda & Tamra - no matter what goes on in their lives, these two twins have each other’s backs. Yes, they get in a lot of arguments. Yes, they sometimes are not the best of friends, but that’s what makes them so realistic.
3) Dragons! Dragons! And more Dragons! - Seriously, when was the last time you read a book that had dragons in it? Personally, it was my first time. I ended up loving this series so much that every time I see a dragon book, I end up buying it even if I don’t have a clue what it is about. Maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe it’s a bad thing. I’ll find out in time.
4) Ok. Ok. I know I said three reasons, but this fourth one had to be included. SOPHIE JORDAN. What a sweet and kind woman. I’ve had the joy of meeting her twice and the way she approaches her fans, the way she talks about her characters. It’s easy to see that she has respect for both. So yeah, I’d pretty much read anything hers now.

Umm, yeah. I don’t know what else to say. First book review ever. I’ll get better. I promise.

Here’s a distraction from my lame conclusion (well lame review actually):
http://bit.ly/cMm8eM
And if that didn't distract you enough:
http://bit.ly/mRlc7O


Updated (as of 3/14/12):
My dream cast for Vanish

Jacinda – Molly C. Quinn
Will – Tyler Blackburn
Cassian – Brant Daugherty
Tamra - Molly C. Quinn
Jacinda’s mom – Julianne Moore
Az – AnnaSophia Robb
Severin: Dean Cain
Miriam – Emma Roberts
Corbin – Lucas Malvacini
Nidia – Halle Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment