Monday, December 26, 2011

[Book Review] Hades by Alexandra Adornetto


So, I should start with how I came across this series. You know those ads that say “If you like this, you’ll like this also” that pop up on Facebook? Well, that’s exactly what happened to me except mine said “If you like The Vampire Diaries, you’ll like Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.” Ok, so it might not have said exactly that, but you get the picture.
This series also holds a special place in my heart. Halo was the book that got me back into reading. This is the book that got me obsessed with collecting YA book and going to book conventions. So, thank you Facebook ad. My life will never be the same.

With that said, I should get talking about the book.
Description on Goodreads:
Heaven Help Her.
Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier’s love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly, her loved ones, as well.

While I was absolutely in love with the romance of Halo, Hades was a bit of a let down in that department. Don’t get me wrong, the book was still good. Sure there was a lot of details about everything that eventually did annoy me, but the book was still good. I guess after reading Halo and then hearing that Jake was going to kidnap Beth in Hades, I was hoping for more romance between Jake and Beth.  That’s not exactly how the book went, but it was still enjoyable.

It took me a couple of weeks to get through the first 200 pages, but yesterday while travelling out of town with my family for Christmas, I took the book on the road with me.  At some point I was so into the book that I even threw a jacket over my head and read with a flashlight so that I could see in the dark. Yeah, I got kind of desperate.  Oh and don’t even get me started on that cliffhanger…Alexandra Adornetto is pure evil for leaving us off on that cliffhanger.

So to close this never ending ramble, I’m giving Hades 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment