Tuesday, May 8, 2012

[TV Tuesday] Review for Castle Season Four Finale "Always"


My morning has been full of Castle. Whether it be watching clips from last night’s “Always” episode or watching old interviews of the cast on Youtube, I haven’t been able to focus on anything else.

Last night’s season finale was one of the best episodes to date if you ask me. I say this for so many reasons: secrets being revealed, re-declaration of feelings, graduations, KISSING!

The episodes pretty much begins with Captain Montgomery’s house getting robbed. They quickly realize that it wasn’t just a random robbery and that the man was after his files…which take them back to Beckett’s shooting from the season 3 finale…which takes Kate back to searching for answers about her mother’s murder. If you, like me, watch every episode, you know that Castle made a deal with some people that would keep Beckett alive, but in return she had to keep away from the case. Well, that secret definitely comes out. Although, Castle tells Beckett that he kept this lead from her because he loves her and doesn’t want to see her get hurt, she’s still upset with him.

Beckett, Ryan, and Esposito continue this secret investigation from Captain Gates, but Ryan soon begins to worry if they’re in over their heads. Kate and Esposito follow a huge lead, the biggest yet, that ends with Kate going face to face with her shooter. But this is a fight that she doesn’t win. He ends up pushing her off the edge of the building and leaves her hanging for her life. Just when it all seems over, Kate hears Castle’s voice calling out to her. Only to find out it’s Ryan, Gates, and a team there to help her. Castle was never even there.

He was, however, at his daughter’s Alexis’s graduation.

The fallout of Esposito and Beckett keeping this investigation a secret, it surprising. Everyone expected them to be suspended. But what came as a shocker to me, was Beckett resigning.

After the fight, the graduation, the resigning, Kate shows up at Castle door and kisses him. He pulls away, but after Kate basically tells him that she just wants him, they start to kiss heavily against the door.

But just because Beckett is willing to let go of the murder case, doesn’t mean the people behind it are ready to let her go. The end scene shows the shooter in search for that information and saying “I’m going to put Kate Beckett in the ground once and for all.”

How the heck do the writers expect us to wait until September for new episodes? They’re trying to kill us, I tell you. There are so many things that I look forward to come season 5.

Firstly, I want to see Kate and Richard acting like a couple… but maybe keeping their relationship a secret from their family and friends until they can’t hold back anymore? I don’t know. Doing that could add more humor to the show, not that it needs it. Sneaking around. Trying not to be caught, but their friends and family knowing anyway but not telling them because they like seeing them all jumpy.

Secondly, what the heck is up with Kate quitting? I know she’s somehow going to have to find her way back to getting her job, but how and at what price?

Thirdly, Esposito and Ryan. Esposito wasn’t happy at all when Ryan told Captain Gates what they were doing. How is this going to affect their relationship?

Fourthly, Alexis graduating. I’ve always liked the Alexis character. She’s unique and that’s something I like. I wonder if the writers are planning on giving her another love interest. Maybe her college professor?

Lastly, Kate’s mother’s murder. Will we finally get the answers we’re looking for or will the writers leave us guessing.

So, here’s to a summer of waiting. I’ve already started to prepare myself for this by ordering the three Nikki Heat books online. I’ve been wanting to do it for a while and I finally did. Maybe reading these three books will help keep me sane until season 5. Or maybe they’ll leave me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment