Sunday, April 22, 2012

[Book Review] Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Summary (from Amazon):
Readers will be clamoring to find out who Jacinda chooses in Hidden, the final installment of the steamy Firelight novels. Is it Will, the hunter she's risked everything to save, or Cassian, the prince of her kind with whom she has an undeniable connection? Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in this epic tale that will appeal to fans of Maggie Stiefvater, Lauren Kate, Aprilynne Pike, and Colleen Houck. When Jacinda and Will's forbidden romance leads to the capture of Cassian's sister, Jacinda knows she must set things right. With her friends by her side, Jacinda hatches a daring plan to rescue Cassian's sister. But the only way to reach her is for Jacinda to become a prisoner herself…and there's no guarantee she'll make it out alive.


So I’m going to start this review with a little story. Sophie Jordan = nicest author in the world. End of story. Ok. Ok. Not the end of story, but still true. I read Sophie Jordan’s Firelight just weeks after its release. So when the movies get made (and I’m crossing my fingers they will) and the books get even more popular and everyone is obsessing about them, I get to say that I’ve been a fan since almost the beginning. I tried my best to get an ARC of Vanish, but sadly failed. Luckily I was able to snag one of Hidden this past week. And just to add one final thing to this I-guess-you-cannot-call-it-a-story-after-all-but-still-does-not-really-count-as-part-of-the-review story, Sophie Jordan was actually the first book signing I went to so I always get excited when I get to see her again.

Now to the actual review, if you’ve read the two previous books, you know what situation Jacinda and her three (I’m trying to not put spoilers other than what’s on the back covers just in case someone who hasn’t read the book stumbles across this review) accomplices were left in. Hidden picks up pretty much where Vanish left off.

I loved reading about the different Draki that were introduced. So much that I wish Sophie Jordan would do a spinoff of this series where we get to read about another Draki prides with maybe a mix of some other form of mysterious creature. (Please Sophie!) Book two of the Firelight trilogy, Vanish made me fall in love with the Draki life and made me want more.

Each of the three books has a different feel. Firelight was about her and her mother & sister escaping the pride and starting a new life. Vanish was about her family coming back into the pride and feeling like outsiders. Hidden was a perfect mixture of the both. I still cannot believe that so much happened in the book and only really a week or so of time passed.

There was never a second to breathe because there was so much going on. The characters in this book had things happen to them back to back. And if it wasn’t action that was occurring, it was a moment of new discovery for the characters.

How did I like the ending of this beautiful trilogy? It definitely wasn’t the ending I would have expected, but it was very fitting to the world Sophie Jordan created in the series. It ended with a happy ending for everyone, in a way.

So glad I came across this trilogy.


5 out of 5 for Hidden by Sophie Jordan.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I dying for read Hidden! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete