Monday, May 13, 2013

[Book Review] Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


Summary (Goodreads): 
It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.
As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.
Paperback. 
443 Pages. 


I didn’t like the way Richelle Mead ended Frostbite. I don’t think anyone did. She killed off a character that may not have been loved by all the readers, but he didn’t deserve to die the way he did. So, I was curious as to where the story would pick up and where the characters would be emotionally. 

Plot: I’ve been curious as to exactly what Rose being Shadow Kissed meant. I knew all along that it was a title of one of the books. So, I figured all would be discovered then. For the most part, that is the case. I do, however, still think there is more to it, but that’s just me speculating.   

Characters: The headstrong characters are what I love about this series. I love how each of them has their own view of how their world should be and really none of them keep their mouths shut up about it. 

Relationships: As always Lissa and Rose’s friendship and sisterhood is one just another reasons this series is amazing. I love how Rose gets jealous of how close Christian and Lissa are. 

Romance: Both Christian and Dimitri were written at their best (so far) in this book. This made the romances more enjoyable.
This was my favorite book as far as the romance goes. Up until now I’ve known I love Dimitri, but it was this book that made me realize why. He is overprotective and demanding and well, that’s hot.
While Dimitri is all of those things, Christian has the jealousy thing going for him. It worked for him in this book.

Twists: I loved where Richelle Mead left the book off. Actually, I hated it, but I loved it because it frustrates me. A book that makes me angry, is a good book. 
I’ve said this before, but thankfully I have all six of the book at my reach because if I didn’t, I’d be beyond anxious waiting to read the next one. 

4 out of 5 stars for Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. 



No comments:

Post a Comment