Monday, January 13, 2014

[TV Review] 'Bitten' -- "Summons"


I will start off by saying that I have not read the books that this series is based on. However, depending how I like the rest of the season, I might have to reconsider that.

 


I probably wouldn’t have even heard about the show if it weren’t for Laura Vandervoort, one of my favorite Canadian actresses, being cast as the female lead. That would have been a shame.



Characters: Being that it was the first episode, I feel there is still a lot that has to be learned about the characters. Primarily I would love to find out all of the pack’s backstory. 



Relationships: I was actually just talking to my sister about this, but we both agreed that one of our favorite things that werewolves seem to always be portrayed as is loyalty towards their pack. That was actually one of my favorite things about the pilot episode. Logan and Elena’s relationship was my favorite of the episode.



Romance: I’m pretty sure I’m going to “ship” Elena and Clay. I was looking forward to their reunion the entire episode. Actually, I’m not pretty sure... I DO ship Elena and Clay. And yet they haven’t even made eye contact on screen. I feel like there’s a lot of backstory there that will make the show 10x more interesting. At the same time, I hope it’s a love triangle between Clay/Elena/Philip.



Plot/Twist: I wouldn’t say there was a big “Oh My God! I can’t believe that just happened!” moment during the episode, but more a couple of “Oh wow!” moments. That actually made the episode better than a lot of pilots I’ve watched. I think those moments will come later on in the season and I look forward to seeing them! 


4.5 out of 5 stars for Bitten. That .5 will appear when Clay and Elena make eye contact. 



Just in case you came across my post and have no idea what show I am talking about... here is the trailer: 





I’ve never done this before, but I’m going to make some predictions of what I think the rest of the season will have. I’ll laugh at myself in a couple of months when I read this and find out I was totally wrong. 
  1. One of the pack members will die. (Sadly, I’m going to predict Logan)
  1. Elena and Clay will hook up... but she’s going to go running back to Philip claiming it was a mistake. 
  1. After she realizes she really loves Clay, she’ll try to go to him, but something will happen to get in her way.
  1. Someone who does not know about werewolves will find out... then get killed. 


Follow me on Twitter: @RebecaValdez

No comments:

Post a Comment